Goal of this subject is to evolve constructive skills, acquiring the abilities to design and detail the building structure, specifically to habilitate the student to incorporate this knowledge into an integrated architectural design.
The course includes maximum varieties of types of structure, introducing concepts and analyzing singular elements in specific lessons, and concluding with case studies of projects that stand for ultimate examples of architectural and technical innovation.
Core Competencies (CC): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
General Competencies (CG): 4, 5, 6
Cross-Disciplinary Competencies (CDC): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Specific Competencies (CE): 12, 13, 16, 17, 21
- Structural typologies in concrete, masonry, Steel and timber and their scope.
- Optimized design according to material, strength, typology, commissioning work, an so on.
- Structural construction techniques and processes.
- Integrated design with building envelope and services
- Typologically significant constructive elements.
- Structure raising: Stakeout, protections, underpinning, stages of implementation, commissioning charge.
- Structures maintenance. Durability strategies.
- To estimate structures.
- Read and manage raising drawings. Detail drawings.
- Actual regulations.
Lecture based classes
Directed study, labs and
ongoing assessment and exams
Exams and tests (30% - 40%))
Presentation of work (60% - 70%)
Prerequisites: Pass subjects CONSTRUCTION I: SYSTEMS y CONSTRUCCION II: MATERIALS