Syllabus 9956001405 - TALLER DE PROYECTOS G5
DESIGN WORKSHOP G 5
Ability to design and program in different scales, understanding of basic typologies and its integration with urban context.
Fith level of architectural design workshop.
- BC 3: Ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their field of study) to inform judgments that include reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical matters
- SC 1: Knowing the history and theories of architecture, as well as arts, sciences and technologies related to this
- SC 2: Understanding the role of fine arts as a factor that may influence the quality of architectural design
- SC 7: Understanding the relationships between people and buildings, and between people and their surrounding, as well as relating buildings and the spaces between according to needs and the human scale
- CC 1: Responsability .
- CC 2: Self confidence
- CC 4: Communication skills in native language (written and oral) and in English language
- CC 5: Interpersonal understanding.
- CC 6: Flexibility.
- CC 7: Teamwork: Ability to work in teams of architects, or in interdisciplinary teams. This capability includes interpersonal skills and team leadership ability.
- CC 8: Initiative and entrepreneurship, both in the field of architecture and business
- CC 9: Planning and time management: Ability to plan work on the need to meet deadlines
- CC 10: Innovation and creativity: Creativity, imagination and aesthetic sensibility towards design, while meeting the aesthetic and technical requirements. This includes critical thinking skills and historical culture
- DSC 37 Ability to design, practice and development of basic execution projects, sketches and blueprints
- DSC 40 Ability to develop functional programs of buildings and urban spaces
- DSC 51 Acquisition of knowledge in the methods of studying social needs, life quality, livability and basic housing programs
- DSC 56 Acquisition of knowledge in the basis of vernacular architecture
Student Performance Criterion/a addressed:
- A 1-Communication skills (equates to CC 4)
- A 2-Design thinking skills (equates to CC 10)
- A 5-Investigative skills (equates to BC 3)
- A 6-Fundamental design skills (equates to CC 10 and DSC 50)
- A 9-Historical traditions (equates to DSC 56)
- A 10-Cultural diversity (equates to DSC 51)
- B 1-Pre-Design (equates to SS 40)
- B 6-Comprehensive design (equates to SC 7 DSC 37)
- C 3-Client role in Architecture (equates to SC 7)
- C 9-Community and social responsibilities (equates to SDC 51)
Common analysis about problems proposed 5 %
Suggestion of programs that can provide the problems’ resolution 5 %
Medium size urban development design as a context for a further architectural project 20%
Architectural project to be inserted in the previous urban context 40%
Material and technical development of the architectural solution 20%
- Final solution as result of mutual influence between figurative and architectural processes 10%
- Lecture based classes: 0,25 ECTS
- Directed study, labs and problem-solving: 2 ECTS
- Presentation of projects, oral defense: 0,5 ECTS
- Group work: 0,5 ECTS
- Independent study: 2 ECTS
- Advisory sessions, ongoing assessment and exams: 0,75 ECTS
- Exams and tests: 0 a 10 %
- Projects: 90 a 100%
See specific course syllabus
1. Lecture based classes, conferences, master classes, site visits.
5. Workshop dynamics.