Syllabus 9956001409 - TALLER DE PROYECTOS G6
Design Workshop G6
Ability to design and program according to the demands of the user, understanding of basic typologies, its social relevance and integration with urban context.
Advanced course of architectural design.
- BC 3: Ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their field of study) to inform judgments that include reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical matters
- SC 1: Knowing the history and theories of architecture, as well as arts, sciences and technologies related to this
- SC 2: Understanding the role of fine arts as a factor that may influence the quality of architectural design
- SC 7: Understanding the relationships between people and buildings, and between people and their surrounding, as well as relating buildings and the spaces between according to needs and the human scale
- CC 1: Responsability . CC 2: Self confidence
- CC 4: Communication skills in native language (written and oral) and in English language
- CC 5: Interpersonal understanding. CC 6: Flexibility.
- CC 7: Teamwork: Ability to work in teams of architects, or in interdisciplinary teams. This capability includes interpersonal skills and team leadership ability.
- CC 8: Initiative and entrepreneurship, both in the field of architecture and business
- CC 9: Planning and time management: Ability to plan work on the need to meet deadlines
- CC 10: Innovation and creativity: Creativity, imagination and aesthetic sensibility towards design, while meeting the aesthetic and technical requirements. This includes critical thinking skills and historical culture
- DSC 35: Ability to solve passive environmental conditioning, including thermal and acoustic insulation, climate control, energy efficiency and natural lighting
- DSC 37 Ability to design, practice and development of basic execution projects, sketches and blueprints
- DSC 40 Ability to develop functional programs of buildings and urban spaces
NAAB Student Performance Criterion/a addressed:
- A 1-Communication skills (equates to CC 4)
- A 2-Design thinking skills (equates to CC 10)
- A 5-Investigative skills (equates to BC 3)
- A 6 -Fundamental design skills (equates to CC 10 and DSC 35)
- B 1-Pre-Design (equates to DSC 40)
- B 3-Sustainability (equates to DSC 35)
- B 6-Comprehensive design (equates to SC 7 DSC 37)
- C 3-Client role in Architecture (equates to SC 7)
Study of variable perceptions on the architectural meaning and its reception 10%
Design of a program based on previous requirements, enhancing the satisfaction of functional and dimensional demands. 20%
Project improvement through implementation of its technical instruments 20%
Processes for the presentation of the students’ own ideas. 10%
Development of a public/corporate building project 40%
- Lecture based classes: 0,5 ECTS
- Directed study, labs and and problem solving: 2 ECTS
- Presentation of projects, oral defense: 1 ECTS
- Group work: 1 ECTS
- Independent study: 6 ECTS
- Advisory sessions, ongoing assessment and exams: 1,5 ECTS
- Exams and tests: 0 a 10 %
- Projects: 90 a 100%
See specific course syllabus.
1. Lecture based classes, conferences, master classes, site visits.
5. Workshop dynamics.