FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS DE LA SALUD
Grado en Podología
Syllabus 9969001102 - BIOLOGÍA CELULAR Y TISULAR
CELL AND TISSUE BIOLOGY
Course taught in the first year of the podologist grade.
The program of this course was made to provide some knowledge to the student in the cell and tissue biology field. This knowledge will be useful to the physiotherapy student in his learning to be podiatrist. We have two blocks in this course. The first block includes several lessons about molecular biology of the cell. The objective of this block is show the structure and function of every cellular component and the most important events in the cell division. The second block shows the details of the morphological and structural characteristics of the basic tissues of the human body.
- Organization and planning ability.
- Analysis and synthesis ability.
- Critical reasoning ability.
- Independent learning ability.
- Students have demonstrated knowledge and understanding in a study area of the base of general secondary education, and is typically at a level, which, although supported by advanced textbooks. Includes some aspects that will knowledge of the forefront of their field of study.
- That students can apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner and have competences typically demonstrated through devising and sustaining arguments and solving problems within their field of study.
- Students can communicate information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Students have developed those learning skills needed to undertake further study with a high degree of autonomy.
- Understand and know the normal structure of cells and the different ways to combine between them to form tissues.
- Understand and know the mechanisms of cell division, and how the cells used these mechanisms for the renovation and repair of tissues.
- Understand and know the normal function of cells and tissues in the different stages of life.
- Understand and know the effects that changes in the normal structure and function of cells and tissues can have on the people health.
- Recognize the essential differences in both the structure and function of the different basic kinds of tissues.
Part I: Cell biology.
- Evolution and cell organization.
- Cell membrane.
- Endomembrane system.
- Cell nucleus.
- Cell cycle: mitosis.
- Origin of the germ cell: meiosis.
Part II: Tissue biology.
- Introduction to the histology.
- Epithelial tissue.
- Connective tissue.
- Adipose tissue.
- Cartilage tissue.
- Bone tissue. Basic concepts.
- Bone histogenesis.
- Growth and remodel of the bone tissue.
- Muscle tissue.
- Nervous tissue.
- Lab practices.
- Seminars and other activities.