FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS DE LA ACTIVIDAD FÍSICA Y EL DEPORTE
Grado en Ciencias de la Actividad Física y del Deporte
On a quarterly basis. Offered in Grade sports science first.
This course aims to provide students with an overview of the basic processes in Psychology and Psychopedagogy. It intends that the learner acquires a solid foundation for understanding and changing human behavior towards better learning.
On the other hand, the students have to understand the importance of Psycology in grassroots sport and teaching of Physical Education, a key element for the success of a good attitude towards exercise from childhood.
Face to face tuition
- GENERAL SKILLS:
• Analysis and synthesis capacity.
• Ethical commitment.
- SPECIFIC SKILLS:
• Ability to design, develop and evaluate teaching and learning processes related to sport and physical activity depending on the features.
Ability to design, develop and evaluate teaching and learning processes relating to sport and physical activity in response to individual characteristics and context of the people, and taking on CV information, educational and technical principles.
• Ability to analyze and apply physiological, biomechanical, psychological and social services to the different fields of physical activity, sport and recreation. Intervene judiciously in society, with a theoretical academic and professional discourse, related to sciences of physical activity and individual and contextual sports people and taking on CV information, educational and technical principles.
• Ability to convey attitudes and values in the professional practice, in all areas of physical activity and sport, taking part in making society better.
• Ability to analyze and apply physiological, biomechanical, psychological and social services to the different fields of physical activity, sport and recreation.
• Ability to identify inappropriate practices that pose health risk, in order to avoid them and correct them with different types of populations.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Psycho-pedagogy.
Lesson 2: History.
Lesson 3: Learning.
Lesson 4: Development.
Lesson 5: Personality.
Lesson 6: Motivation.
Lesson 7: Attitudes (youth sports).
•Talks and presentations trough master class methodology (1 ECTS)
•Readings and workshops through the master class methodology (1 ECTS)
•Conducting discussions and role-playing activities through the dialogic learning methodology (0.5 ECTS)
•Group work and collective tutorials (0.5 ECTS)
•Case and problem solving activities through case study methodology (1 ECTS)
•Conducting individual tutorials through case study methodology (0.5 ECTS)
•Individual and text comments through the
autonomous learning methodology (1.5 ECTS)
Ongoing evaluation of the subject, in ordinary call, will be based on three blocks, namely:
a)Knowledge on objective evidence.
b)Individual and group practices.
For the extraordinary examination session, the students must pass an objective knowledge test in which they demonstrate that they have acquired the key concepts of the subject.
The course is taught in Spanish.
This course will use active methodologies. The objectives are firstly, that the students participate actively in the construction of their own knowledge, and secondly, to establish direct contact with their fellow students.
Thus, the main methodologies used in the course are: