FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS DE LA ACTIVIDAD FÍSICA Y EL DEPORTE
Grado en Ciencias de la Actividad Física y del Deporte
History,Theory, Sport, Olympic Games, Physical Education.
One trimester / 150 hours
This course has two parts:
1. Theory of sport: this part offers a better understanding of the development of Sports Sciences and of the importance of theory to gain a sharper critique and analysis of the different scientific disciplines surrounding sports.
2. History of sport: this part helps to put in context physical practices,activities and body values during different historical epochs.
Knowledge of sport cultural diversity in a global framework.
Development of a democratic and open attitude towards other socio-cultural contexts.
Critical thinking about different factors and agents influencing sport configuration.
1. Concepts and functions of Theory.
2. Physical activities and sport sciences.
3. Object study for Physical activity and Sport sciences.
II. History of physical activities and sports.
4. Origins of sport.
5. Sport in Greece.
6. Sports in Rome.
7. Sports during the Middle Ages.
8. Sports during Modern Age.
9. Birth and development of modern sport.
10. Sport in Spanish society.
Lectures, cooperative learning activities and management learning activities.
Theory will be assesed by works, papers and essays.
History will be assesed by works and papers (50%) and objective tests (50%)
July exams (History) and essay (Theory) in case the student failed.
LANGUAGES IN WHICH IS TAUGHT:
Self Study, teamwork, dialogic learning, project-based work