FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS DE LA ACTIVIDAD FÍSICA Y EL DEPORTE
Grado en Ciencias de la Actividad Física y del Deporte
This is a quarterly subject imparted in the Sport Science Degree .
The inverse relationship between physical activity and practice of cardiovascular disease, hypertension, stroke, osteoporosis, type II diabetes, obesity, colon cancer, breast cancer, anxiety and depression continues to increase more and more (ACSM, 2009).
This situation is causing from public and private institutions will increase the actions and programs aimed to increasing physical activity practice in all types of population (International Society for Physical Activity and Health, 2010).
Despite all this, recent studies have established that the percentage of inactive population in Europe is at 34.8% (The Lancet, 2012), an aspect of concern for the future of our population.
These unhealthy habits can cause many physical disorders. According to the latest National Health Survey, published in 2013, one in six over fifteen Spanish suffers from a chronic health problem, being more frequent in women (Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality, 2013).
Under this framework, it is essential that students of Sport Sciences acquire some much needed skills intervention with physical activity in the prevention of disease and in the pursuit of improving the quality of life of people and pathology through it.
- Information managment skills
- Work in an international context
- CE4: Analyzing and applying physiological, biomechanical, psychological and social principles to the different fields of physical activity, sport and recreation.
- CE2: Transmitting attitudes and values as a working professional in all fields of physical activity and sport, participating in the improvement of society.
- CE5: Identifying unsuitable practices that pose a health risk, in order to avoid them and correct them in the different types of population.
- CE9: know how to use the appropriate sports equipment and facilities for each type of activity, identifying the technical characteristics of different sporting spaces.
- CE11: Intervening in society with independent criteria, deploying a theoretical, academic and professional discourse relating to physical activity and sports science.
LESSON 1: Introduction to physical activity, exercise and health.
LESSON 2: Pre-participation health screening and risk stratification.
LESSON 3: Health-related physical testing.
LESSON 4: General principles of exercise prescription oriented to health.
LESSON 5: Exercise prescription for people with special considerations.
Reading techniques and individual works using lecture methods, sef-regulated and cooperative learning.
Identification of risk situations in the practice of physical activity, analysis of needs and design intervention programs using the case method
Literature review, directed work group and mentoring applying cooperative learning.
Learning protocols and interventional procedures in assessing the ability of individuals and intervention with physical activity and exercise through directed practices.
The evaluation is focused on different theoretical and practical training activities and objective theoretical test. The percentage of each part is:
- Objetive test: 35%
- Activities: 65%
The language of teaching is Spanish.
Active methodologies through cooperative learning, case analysis and problem solved learning.