FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS DE LA ACTIVIDAD FÍSICA Y EL DEPORTE
Grado en Ciencias de la Actividad Física y del Deporte
This subject will be taught in a quarter.
This subject is the first swimming subject in Bachelor´s Degree in Sports Science.
It is a subject of basic and fundamental character where you learn the concepts and techniques related to the movement in the aquatic environment for subsequent field application utility, educational, recreational and health.
This subject has a fundamentally practical nature.
This is a campus-based subject
A. Basic Competences:
- Know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional way and possess the skills that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and problem solving within their area of study.
- Have the ability to gather and understand relevant data (usually within their area of study) to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues.
- That the students can transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to a public both specialized and non-specialized.
B. Transversal Competences:
1. Autonomous Learning: Ability to choose strategies, tools and moments that you consider most effective to learn and independently implement what you have learned.
2. Ability to adapt to new situations: be able to value and understand different positions, adapting the approach itself as the situation requires.
3. Ability of analysis and synthesis: to be able to decompose complex situations in their constituent parts; Also evaluate other alternatives and perspectives to find optimal solutions. The synthesis seeks to reduce complexity in order to better understand and / or solve problems.
4. Planning and time management: Ability to set goals and choose the means to achieve those goals using time and resources effectively.
C. Specific Competences:
1. Ability to design, develop and evaluate teaching-learning processes related to physical activity and sport, taking into account the individual and contextual characteristics of the people and assuming the necessary educational, technical, and curricular principles.
2. Ability to assess physical fitness level and motor skills by prescribing and scheduling physical exercises oriented to health at different ages.
3. Capacity to design, plan, organize, execute and evaluate programs of sport and recreational activities of a continuous and / or eventual nature, taking into account all those factors that condition their development in the different professional, social and economic contexts.
4. Ability to select and know how to use the material and the appropriate sports equipment for each type of activity, identifying the technical characteristics of the different sports spaces.
1. HISTORICAL BACKGROUND
2. GENERIC PURPOSES OF AQUATIC ACTIVITIES
3. UTILITARIAN PURPOSE OF AQUATIC ACTIVITIES
4. EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE OF AQUATIC ACTIVITIES
5. RECREATIONAL PURPOSE OF AQUATIC ACTIVITIES
6. AQUATIC SPORTS
Practices related to all the contents of the subject will be realized. In addition, the students will have to carry out individual and group work as well as complementary readings and group exhibitions. The development of the subject will be done through:
- Design and management of practical sessions
- Debates and colloquiums
- Reporting and writing
The subject can be approved in one of two ways:
- Alternative assessment
- Continuous assessment
This evaluation will be for those students who can not participate in 80% of the classes that will be done during the course.
The student who decides to perform the alternative assessment must pass an objective test in addition to presenting the work that the teacher consents.
It will be essential to participate in at least 80% of the classes of the subject.
It will be of the global calculation of the various sections. These will be:
REPORTS AND WRITINGS:
- Classroom training activities
PRESENT KNOWLEDGE TRIAL
- Attitude towards learning
- Individual and group work / practice
To pass the subject, it will be necessary to have at least 5 points in each one of the parts.
In case of not approving the subject in ordinary evaluation must be presented to the extraordinary evaluation.
The course will be taught in Spanish / English.
In order to enroll the subject the student must know how to swim.
Active methodologies based on case method, problem solving, project-based learning, cooperative learning and master classes.