FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS DE LA ACTIVIDAD FÍSICA Y EL DEPORTE
Grado en Ciencias de la Actividad Física y del Deporte
- SCHEDULE: Quarterly
This program is the second level of one of the twelve optative sports available for the Sport Science students.
This subject is focus in follow the student’s knowledge received in the first level of this subject (Golf I). The student increase the depth of the knowledge´s learned in Golf I and get new knowledge´s in order to get a larger vision of the sport.
- Information Management
- Use of information and communication technologies
- Ability of analysis and synthesis
- Ability to plan, program, apply, check and assess training and competition process in their different levels and ages.
- Ability to design, develop and assessment of teaching-learning process related to Physical Activity and Sport. Making focus in personal and contextual standings in conjunction with the education standings, technics and curricular. - Capacidad para seleccionar y saber utilizar el material y el equipamiento deportivo adecuado para cada tipo de actividad, identificando las características técnicas de los diferentes espacios deportivos.
- Ability to instill attitude and principles in their all sport environment professional practice, taking part of the society improvement. - Capacidad para promover y evaluar hábitos perdurables y autónomos de práctica de la actividad física y deporte orientados a la salud.
- Ability to design, plan, manage, apply and assess continuous or eventual sport and recreation activities programs making focus in all the factors involved in the social and economic professional context.
- Ability to analyze and plan the main physiology, biomechanic, psychology and social principles related to the different fields of Physical Activity, Sports and recreation.
- Ability to identify inappropriate practices related to health risk factors in order to avoid and correct them focused in the different groups of population.
PART I. HISTORY, EVOLUTION AND PERSPECTIVE
Lesson 1. Sociology evolution of golf
1.1. International evolution
1.2. Spanish evolution
PART II. EL GOLF DEPORTIVO
Lesson 2. Sport context
2.1. Rules (II)
2.2. Golf Formats (II)
2.3. Handicap System (II)
Lesson 3. Golf Equipment
3.1. Golf Equipment Evolution
3.2. Golf Clubs (II)
3.3. Golf Balls (II)
Lesson 4. Structure and Organization
4.1. Main golf events
4.2. Professional structure
4.3. Competition Tours
PART III. LOS FUNDAMENTOS TÉCNICOS DEL GOLF
Lesson 5. Golf Swing Theory (II)
5.1. Applied Biomechanics
5.2. Theoretical Golf Swing Models
5.3. Jacobs / J. Arruti Models
5.4. G.Wiren Model
Lesson 6. Golf Swing Analysis (I)
6.1. Trayectory Analysis
6.2. Dynamic Interpretation
6.3. Swing Diagnosis
6.4. Mistakes correction
PART IV. GOLF SHOTS TECHNIQUE (II)
Lesson 7. Advance Shots: Draw, Fade
7.1. Shot visualization
7.2. Comprehension Exercises
7.3. Set up order
7.4. Golf Shot Phases
7.5. Result Analysis
7.6. Mistakes correction
7.7. Teaching Methodologies
Lesson 8. Slope Shots: Uphill, downhill, ball up and ball down.
8.1. Shot visualization
8.2. Comprehension Exercises
8.3. Set up order
8.4. Golf Shot Phases
8.5. Result Analysis
8.6. Mistakes correction
8.7. Teaching Methodologies
Lesson 9. Tee off Shots: Driver, Woods, Irons.
9.1. Shot visualization
9.2. Comprehension Exercises
9.3. Set up order
9.4. Golf Shot Phases
9.5. Result Analysis
9.6. Mistakes correction
9.7. Teaching Methodologies
PART V. TEACHING
Lesson 10. Competition Warm Up
Lesson 11. Auxiliar Teaching Technics (I)
PART VI. SPORT TRAINING
Lesson 12. Basics of athletic training focus in golf
PART VII. FACILITIES
Lesson 13. Types of golf facilities (II)
13.1. Conventional Golf Facilities
13.2. Alternative Golf Facilities
PART VIII. MANAGEMENT (I)
Lesson 14. Golf Management Environment
14.1. Types of Golf Courses
14.2. Basic Organization
Assessment will include the following items and percentages:
- Learning Folder (Practices): 30%
- Theory Test: 25%
- Practice Test: 25%
- Golf Swing Analysis Final Project: 20%
This subject is tough in Spanish.
Classes will take place in Campo de Tiro de Majadahonda “Gowfing” from 16 to 31 of each month and Par 3 Golf Course of Lomas Bosque from 1 to 15. Journeys to Campo de Tiro de Majadahonda will be made in a bus supported by the European University. Is mandatory a dress-etiquette following the general golf courses rules consisting in street wear, no jeans and polo shirt.
Teaching methodology will be focus in the student, they will build their learning around the subject. Self-learning will be focus on reflection, researching and problems solutions