Syllabus 9995002845 - GOLF III
This third level subject is one of the twelve optative sports available for the Sport Science students.
The students will get into investigation studies, teaching applications and specific golf training methods. As well they’ll continue improving their golf technics.
- GENERAL COMPETENCES:
- Self-regulated learning.
- Analytical and summary skills
- Be able to apply their knowledge in their profession, in a professional manner, and have the necessary skills to develop nuanced arguments and problem-solving; Speaking / Writing.
- Information management skills
- SPECIFIC COMPETENCES:
- Capacity to devise, develop and evaluate teaching-learning processes related to golf, bearing in mind the characteristics and circumstances of each individual and assuming the necessary educational, technical and curricular principles.
- Capacity to analyze and apply physiological, biomechanical, psychological and social principles to the different fields of physical activity, sport and recreation.
- Capacity to select and know how to use the appropriate sports equipment and facilities for each type of activity, identifying the technical characteristics of different sporting spaces.
- Intervening in society with independent criteria, deploying a theoretical, academic and professional discourse relating to physical activity and sports science.
A.- GOLF RULES
1 – Application of the different types of golf competitions:
- Match play
- Stroke play
- Four ball
- Scramble (Texas scramble, Ambrose)
- Greensome Chapman.
- Flag tournaments.
B.- GOLF SWING TECHNIC
- Specific warm-up
- Laws, principles and preferences.
- Golf swing analysis.
- Advanced short game.
C.- GOLF TEACHING METHODOLOGY
- Golf swing analysis based on direct observation.
- Golf swing analysis based on video.
- Methodological progression.
- Specific assimilation exercises.
D.- SCIENTIFIC REVIEW
Review of major scientific and innovative publications golf-related. Selection and explanation of the most interesting papers.
- Classromm presentation of the concepts and methods related to the subject using the lecture-based class (1 ECTS).
- Classroom activities related to monitoring the individual or group activities, practices and projects. Included group dynamics of project and case study methods (1 ECTS).
- Field work (1 ECTS).
- Advisoring (group or individual) and assess (0,5 ECTS).
- Individual practices related with technical concepts. (1 ECTS)
- Individual practices related with specific Physical condition programs. (1ECTS)
- Student self-study (0,5 ECTS).
Assessment is composed of: (10 points maximum)
- Theory test. 3 points.
- Practice test. 3 points.
- Subject practices. 4 points:
1.- Right-hand putting versus left-hand putting
2.- Golf analysis observation sheet confection.
3.- Golf analysis observation sheet aplication.
4.- Oral presentation of a scientific paper (In English)
5.- Staging of methodological progression
6.- Illustrated design of a golf specific power-speed circuit
Attendance. Un-justify no-shows will decrease the final grade in 0,5 points
This subject is tough in Spanish.
Classes will take place in Campo de Tiro de Majadahonda “Gowfing” from 16 to 31 of each month and Par 3 Golf Course of Lomas Bosque from 1 to 15. Journeys to Campo de Tiro de Majadahonda will be made in a bus supported by the European University. Is mandatory a dress-etiquette following the general golf courses rules consisting in street wear, and polo shirt.
Teaching methodology will be focus in the student, they will build their learning around the subject. Self-learning will be focus on reflection, researching and problems solutions.