This program is one of the twelve optative sports available in the third for the Sport Science students.
The course will enable students to work observation and analysis of the forms of play and training systems and the organization of tournaments and programming and management of a tennis school.
• Capacity for analysis and synthesis.
• Ability to organize and plan.
• Work in an international context.
• Ability to plan, schedule, implement and evaluate the processes of training and competition at different levels and different ages.
• Ability to select and how to use the material and sports equipment suitable for each type of activity, identifying the technical characteristics of the various sports venues.
• Ability to transmit attitudes and values in professional practice in all areas of physical activity and sport, participating in the betterment of society.
• Capacity to design, plan, organize, implement and evaluate programs of sports and recreational activities of a continuing nature and / or possible, considering all the factors that affect their development in different professional contexts, social and economic.
• Ability to participate in the direction and / or efficient management entities, both public and private, that services develop physical activity in any of their spectra (recreation, health, sport, education, etc..), Identifying, defining and systematizing the processes needed to achieve its objectives.
• Ability to act with discretion society manifesting itself in a theoretical discourse, academic and professional science on physical activity and sport.
PART I. ORGANIZATION AND REGULATION
2. Organization and Management of a tournament
3. Organization of a School of Tennis
PART II. TENNIS TRAINING
4. Training Systems
PART III. ADVANCED LEVEL TECHNIQUE
5. Observation and analysis of playing styles
PART IV. TACTICAL APPLICATION IN ADVANCED LEVEL
6. The advanced level tactics
PART V. METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING TENNIS
7. Methodology of teaching tennis
8. Education Levels in Tennis
9. Physical tennis training
Continuous assessment of practical work and assessment of student participation in the development of the classes and also assess game control practices. Within this evaluation will be included the development of a cooperative work.
This subject is tough in Spanish.
Practical sessions of the course will take place in the tennis courts of the University Campus and will need the following sports equipment: sportswear and tennis racket.
Teaching methodology will be focus in the student, they will build their learning around the subject. Self-learning will be focus on reflection, researching and problems solutions.
Lectures and practical classes using audiovisual material.