This subject falls within the module "Surgical Pathology and Radiology", it is taught in the third year of the Degree of Physiotherapy.
In this course, students will learn about the most common diseases OF the musculoskeletal system as well as the different possible imaging techniques.
The following competences will be developed and assessed in this subject:
- CT 3: Organization and planning ability.
- CT 9: Ethical commitment.
- CT 10: Teamwork.
- CT 17: Adaptation to new situations.
- CT 18: Creativity.
- CT 20: Initiative and entrepreneurship.
On completing this subject, the student will be able to:
• CE 122: At the end of the study module, the student should know the terminology that will enable him to communicate with the rest of the medical staff, as well as be able to understand the various documents that constitute a clinical history.
• Ce 130: Recognize and identify major traumatic and non-traumatic injuries and know how to locate them in the context of the musculoskeletal system.
• CE 131: Know the different mechanisms of production of the most important lesions of the musculoskeletal pathology.
• CE 132: Recognize and identify the main clinical manifestations of major diseases affecting the musculoskeletal system and know the different existing complementary tests in this field to achieve a proper diagnosis.
• CE 133: Know the different imaging tests and know how to evaluate the results in the context of the most prevalent diseases
• CE 134: Know the different treatment options used in major diseases affecting the musculoskeletal system.
• CE 135: Be able to consider the patient with his/her complementary diagnostic tests as a whole and not independently.
• CE 136: Acquire the ability to examine and assess the patient's functional status.
• MASTER CLASSES: Lectures in the classroom to encourage debate and
student participation; bibliographic guidance
• SELF-LEARNING: Independent Learning. Based on the student’s independent study through readings and directed individual work
• SEMINARS: Bibliographic research and monographic scientific information discussion in small groups
• CASE STUDY AND DISCUSSION: Application of theoretical knowledge to practical cases.
• PRACTICAL EXERCISES: practical workshops.
The subject will be taught in English or in Spanish according to the assigned group
• Master class.
• Case method.
• Simulation environments.
• Cooperative Learning.
• Autonomous Learning.
• Dialogic Learning.